Search This Blog

Raw Italian Tomato Snacks

When tomatoes are dehydrated they become sweeter and richer, thus the sun-dried tomato flavor that so many love. I made this when I was craving the Raw Lasagne but didn't want to make all of the fillings. It makes a pretty little appetizer or add it to any Italian meal.

4 Fresh Vine-Ripe Tomatoes, Sliced on their sides
1 Tablespoon of Raw Cheese
Italian Spice

For the Spicy Macademia Cheese:
2 C Macademia Nuts
1/2 Medium Lemon, juiced
1 T Nutritional Yeast
1-2 dashes of Cayenne Pepper
1tsp Sea Salt, or to taste
Enough Water to cover
Blend until almost creamy

Arrange Tomato slices on a dehydrator tray.
Top with a Tablespoon of Raw Cheese
Sprinkle lightly with Italian Spice (or fresh herbs)

Dehydrate about 118 for 4-6 hours or until desired outcome is achieved.
 I can hardly wait to eat them, so usually I have one raw, one a couple hours into it-which becomes mushy, but still tasty, and after the full time you have the texture of a sweet and sour sun dried tomato with slightly crispy raw cheese. I make these when I wake up so I can eat them by lunch, then put another batch in for an after dinner snack :)
~Also great on raw flat breads, crackers, or burgers.
SO delicious!
Top picture is a before shot, and I actually took them off the sheet for a faster dry.
The delicious finish

No comments:

Post a Comment