Search This Blog

Raw Mac n' Cheese

 I grew up loving Macaroni and Cheese. I mean, it was the first food I learned to make on the stove at age 7. My four sisters and I pretty much split a box or two every Sunday for lunch. So when switching over to raw and vegan I had those memories of the creamy cheesy noodles. My hubby was more of Ramen noodle lover, but I liked the cheese. I imagine if we still ate it our own kids would probably follow suit.  However, today we decided to combine what I had previously made, but never posted, as a Raw "Nacho Cheese" (and of course you can use it as one), to warm spiralized zucchini, added a dash of salt and pepper and what came out? A delicious creamy cheesy dish that everyone loved and it will definitely be added to our regular lunch menu!

What you need:
- 1 or more Zuchinni, spiralized (or you could use a potato peeler and peel them into long strips) into a bowl and soaked in warm water.
- 1 batch of Raw "Nacho Cheese"

 Raw "Nacho Cheese"
In the blender add:
1 C Warm water
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, no seeds
1 1/4 C soaked raw cashews
1/2 Lemon, juiced
2 T Nutritional Yeast
2 tsp Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt, adjust to your liking

Blend on high, or press the soup button if you have a Blendtec Blender or one with a similar setting. This will blend and warm the sauce.

Drain the Zuchinni and add in as much sauce as you like. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy! Store the remaining sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Lasts about a week.
*This would also be great with little pieces of broccoli!

No comments:

Post a Comment