Search This Blog

Oatmeal Cookie Power Bars

I made this on a whim today, and turned out awesome! I love when that happens! My kids thought it was a great granola bar and my husband had it for "power bars" on his Mountain bike ride. It's very versatile- could be used as a pie crust, granola bar, or just a quick snack.

3/4 C Walnuts
1/2 C Pecans
1 C Rolled Oats (not technically "raw" but I use them occasionally)
1/2 C Shredded Coconut
14 Medjool Dates, pitted

1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Pure Vanilla

2 T melted coconut oil
 (I melt it by running a bowl under hot water, setting that bowl in another of hot water, then adding the coc. oil until melted)

Pulse in a blender or food processor until thoroughly mixed and starts to stick together. You may have to push it down a few times.
Press into a 9X9 pan and cut into squares. Eat as is, or set in the freezer until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment