Strawberrry Banana Pie
Who knew that nuts and dates could make such a great pie crust?!
1-1 ½ cups soaked almonds
½ cups dates
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ cup orange juice
3 pints strawberries
1/8 Cup fresh shredded coconut
1. Freeze 2 pints of the strawberries and 2 bananas
2. Blend almonds, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange juice in a food processor or blender.
3. Form the blended mixture into a pie crust in a 9 inch pie dish.
4. Process the frozen fruit to a sorbet consistency in a blender or food processor.
5. Slice up the remaining strawberries and bananas.
6. Layer the sorbet and fruit slices over the pie crust.
7. Opt. (Decorate with coconut.)
Chill in freezer for a more solid pie, or eat right away.