Search This Blog

Raw Cinnamon Rolls

 After experimenting with a lot of raw flax breads this year,(no yeast, eggs, dairy) I finally decided to try to make up my own raw cinnamon rolls. Every year at General Conference, it has been one of our family traditions to have cinnamon rolls. But we wanted Healthy Cinnamon Rolls this year! Last April I made an attempt, with an "ok" turn out. This October though, I did it. My good friend had just given me a nice new dehydrator and I was eager to use use it. So I thought about what made a good cinnamon roll as I remembered. It needed to be warm, a little gooey, sweet, and cinnamon flavored in the middle, with a nice creamy frosting and a little crunchy as well. SO, here is my version of Raw Cinnamon Rolls.
 For the dough:
3 C Ground golden Flax Seeds
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 C Raw Honey
Blend the flax seeds into meal, Set aside in bowl and add Cinnamon, salt, and honey.
In the blender add:
Meat of 1 Young Thai Coconut (abt. 1 C)
1 Gala apple and one yellow apple, cored (any two would work)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
Blend until smooth and stir into flax mixture, set aside.
For the filling
In the blender process:
1 C Almonds
1/2 C walnuts
6-8 pitted, Medjool dates
1/2 C Raisins
1 T Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
3-4 T Agave (opt)
Process until finely and evenly chopped, but not so it clumps together.
Take the dough and scoop it onto a long piece of wax or parchment paper, probably 18-24 inches. Put another piece of the paper on top of the dough and roll it out in between the paper until about a 1/4 inch wide all around.
 Slowly peel off top paper. Spoon about 1 T melted Coconut Oil onto dough.
 Spread filling mixture evenly on the dough with a spoon, sprinkling on a little more cinnamon and sea salt if desired.Then carefully start to roll up. I rolled mine about an inch at a time, taking off the bottom wax paper with each roll until I had one long rolled up cinnamon roll. It was a little sticky.
 Then starting at one end, carefully take a sharp saw-like knife and saw back and forth into 1-2 inch rolls. Place laying down on dehydrator.
 Dehydrate for 3-4 hours or until desired texture is achieved.
Top with Raw Whip Cream.
Makes about 24 rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment