Search This Blog

Raw Cheese Spread

At Christmas time I was searching for a raw cheese ball and never found one I wanted to try. Finally last week I was making some Honey Almond Crackers and found this great recipe for raw cheese.

http://www.rawmazing.com/raw-vegan-cheese/
 I followed the directions to first make

Rejuvalac.
1/2 C sprouted wheat berries (sprouted just until tails start)
4 C filtered water

Place the wheat berries and the water in a jar. Leave in a warm place for 24-48 hours. You will see a little fizz. The liquid should be a little tart but not smell off.

Then for my cheese I used:
1/2 C Cashews
1/2 C Walnuts
1/2 C Rejuvalac (the water that formed from sprouting wheat)
1/2 tsp Sea Salt

Process until smooth and thick. Transfer to a bowl and coat the outside with Raw Parmesan Cheese.
Set it in the pantry with a cloth over it for 1/2 a day, you can form it and the outside will start to harden a little. Then store it in the fridge. 
It was a great find and next Christmas I will definitely be making it.
The rejuvelac is in the green cup.



No comments:

Post a Comment