Search This Blog

Raw Spring Rolls with Asian Sauce

I tried this first at a Raw-B-que party and knew I had to have the recipe. So I altered it, like I usually do :) And it was SO yummy. For some reason the taste of the sauce almost reminds me of a light meat or tuna fish taste... not that I really remember the exact taste of those, it's been a while. Anyways, try this! 4 out of 5 liked it here! Usually with those odds, I make it again.

For the Wrappers
1 Head of Fresh Romaine. I cut some of them in half, for smaller rolls for the kids.

The "Asian Sauce" Filling
Chopped up:
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
1/8 White Onion (could use red)
1/2 Head Green Cabbage (could add purple)
1/4 Head or more extra Iceberg lettuce
1 C Carrots (shredded or chopped work)
1 Roma Tomato
1 Avocado, in small cubes
Mix together in a bowl


The Asian Sauce
In the blender:
2 C Finely ground Almonds, into Almond flour (or Almond Butter)
Add:
1/2 C Water
3 T Lemon Juice
1/8 C Pure Maple Syrup
1/8 C Nama Shoyu
2-3 Cloves of Garlic
3/4 tsp Minced Fresh Ginger
Dash or 2 of Cayenne Pepper, depending on how spicy you like food.

Blend together until it is smooth. You can stop and push down the sides, and add more water if you want it like a dressing. This recipe is pretty thick though.

Then take a Romaine "wrapper" and scoop 2-3 spoonfuls of sauce onto the leaf. Add 2-3 big spoonfuls of filling. Wrap it up, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment